Good adhesion of the print to the print bed is a must in 3D printing! If you want to keep your print secure during printing and avoid deformations, use DimaFix. DimaFix is a new adhesive for 3D printers with a heated print bed, which prevents the deformation of large objects. When the bed is heated above 60°C spray offers a strong bond between the first layer and the build plate. Prints can be easily removed from the build plate because DimaFix becomes inactive under 60°C. DimaFix – Fixative spray provides a strong bond between plastic and glass that is easy to break when needed. The spray is fully soluble in water, so cleaning the build plate is an easy process.
How the temperature affects adhesion levels:
- Below 60 ° C: no adhesion, objects can be detached from the plate.
- 60 – 75ºC: medium adherence, for simple geometries.
- 75 – 95ºC: high adherence, for complex geometries and long prints.
- Above 95ºC: Very high adherence, for very complex geometries and very long prints.
How to use DimaFix:
- Clean your 3D printer build plate
- Make sure that the print bed temperature is below 50ºC
- Spray DimaFix on the print bed (use a well-ventilated area)
- First warm up your print bed and then print
- After printing, wait for the build plate to cool down
- Your printed object will easily peels off
This video is for Spray, but is the same with Dimafix Pen: