Carbon Fiber PAHT filaments
Carbon Fiber PAHT filaments contain Nylon and carbon fibres that are suitable for 3D printing. These filaments are popular because of their mechanical properties like excellent abrasion resistance, good chemical and impact resistance, high strength and rigidity. Carbon Fiber PAHT allows continuous use up to 160°C (max. 200 hours).
Due to its properties, Carbon Fiber PAHT can be used for many different applications like functional prototypes, fixtures and tooling, composite moulds, lightweight components, high-temperature environments and parts subjected to stress.
Because the thickness of fibres is ranging from 0.4mm to 0.6mm, we recommend using an abrasion-resistant 0.6mm nozzle. Carbon Fiber PAHT can be printed without an enclosed printer but we recommend using an enclosure or enclosed 3D printer for better results.
Carbon Fiber PAHT filament
Try our Carbon Fiber PAHT filament designed for high performance printing and creating appealing matte black designs.
To know more about Carbon Fiber PAHT filaments, read our blog.
You can access the Technical Data Sheet here.
- For the best results, print at 270–290°C.
- Recommended printing table temperature is 90–120°C.
- Use a glass bed, Kapton, or Blue tape for the build platform with Dimafix spray.
- We recommend using at least a 0.6mm abrasion-resistant nozzle.
*Ideal temperature may vary when using different printers.
Additional requirements to work with Carbon Fiber PAHT filaments:
- Heated print bed
- Hardened nozzle – Due to its abrasive structure, the filament will wear down the standard brass nozzle over a short period. An abrasion-resistant nozzle is required for this type of filament. Since those types of nozzles tend to be less conductive than standard nozzles, usually higher extruder temperatures are recommended
- Heated filament chamber is optional, but for the best product quality, we recommend keeping your filaments in a dry place at all times
- Closed environment – Ensuring a consistent controlled environment is optional but highly recommended